In this episode, we interview Jared Kay, the founder of Amplified Media.
Here’s What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How Jared got his start in video production
- Key defining moment(s) on when he decided to get an office and hire employees
- How he and his team weigh big decisions, like bringing on a new client
- What a “matterport” video is
- Where Jared finds inspiration for his video production
If you enjoyed this episode, then we think you might also dig this interview with Lisa & Dean Peteet, of Atlas Branding.
This season of Making It in Asheville is brought to you by Range Urgent Care an Asheville-based clinic that offers affordable healthcare, transparent pricing, and streamlined, friendly service. Enjoy your first month free of annual membership at Range Urgent Care. Use code ‘makingitinasheville’ at checkout. Offer valid for a limited time only.
About Jared Kay
Jared Kay has been capturing amazing adventure and outdoor photography and videography in the region for many years. He has partnered on campaigns for Explore Asheville, Visit North Carolina, and National Geographic. Jared is rooted in Western North Carolina but is visible globally. When he isn’t behind a camera, Jared spends early mornings exploring the mountains at sunrise, and enjoying the countryside by bike, behind the lens, or on foot with his wife Sonia, and their son River. He can often be found with a cup of coffee and a good book.
Don’t worry, we’ve made sure to include some links to his favorite works below.
Amplified Media is a video production company based in Asheville, NC. They focus on creating compelling, heartfelt video narratives featuring for brands and organizations throughout Western North Carolina. Learn more by visiting Amplified-Media.com or follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Video & Photo People
- Casey Neistat – American videographer and YouTuber
- Chase Jarvis – American photographer and founder of Creative Live
- Zach Arias – Atlanta-based photographer known for his portraits of musicians, artists, and more
- Keith Wright – Asheville based photographer and director and founder of Wright Creative
- Paul Bonesteel – Asheville-based director and founder of Bonesteel Films
Asheville People & Organizations
- Clint Spiegel – Founder of Industry Nine
- Lisa & Dean Peteet – Founder of Atlas Branding
- Myles Alexander – Founder of Form & Function Architecture
- Explore Asheville, the place to find all information about what’s happening and hidden gems in Asheville, NC.
- French Broad Chocolate Lounge– The local chocolate specialist using carefully sourced beans to create delicious treats in Asheville.
- YWCA of Asheville offers programs that bridge gaps in education, health, childcare and earning power for women and families in our community.
- Young Professionals of Asheville connects young adults in order to better lead and serve the greater Asheville community.
- Chamber of Commerce in Hendersonville is 1000+ business member organization offering support, connection, and tools for all business in Hendersonville, NC.
- Bob Williford – Hendersonville Chamber of Commerce President
- “If nothing else, be a part of your community.” – Jared Kay
Books, Movies & Podcasts
- 1776 by David McCallough
- Eric Larson – Devil in the White City, Dead Wake,
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- Dan Harlin’s Hardcore History Podcast
Music by Commonwealth Choir