- This event has passed.
Beginner’s Podcasting Workshop
February 29, 2020 @ 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Learn everything you need in order to launch your own podcast. From microphones and sound editing to marketing and strategy we’ll show you how to go from idea to execution.
Exciting news: we’re hosting a beginner’s podcast workshop in Asheville!
Maybe you’ve always dreamed of having your own radio show. Maybe you’ve only recently realized podcasting is a great way to share your knowledge about a particular topic with the world. Or perhaps, you see starting a podcast as a way to connect more deeply with your audience and grow your business.
No matter what your motivation is, one thing is clear: podcasting is the number one hottest medium for content these days.
Apple estimates that there are currently more than 500,000 active podcasts out there. According to a recent study done by Edison Research, 51% of Americans have listened to a podcast before, and around 22% of us (equivalent to 62 million Americans) listen to podcasts on a weekly basis―and these numbers are only trending upward!
To be clear, what we mean to say is this: one year from now, you’re going to wish you had started a podcast today. This three-hour workshop will guide you, step-by-step to starting and growing a successful podcast and give you all the tools you need to launch your first episode.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Reasons for starting a podcast today (just in-case you’re still on the fence)
- How to find your podcast niche, choose a format, and name your show
- The basic equipment and tools you need to get started (with examples that fit every budget!)
- How to use the equipment and foolproof recordings (i.e. soundchecks and checklists)
- How to improve your recordings with simple audio editing secrets using a 100% free and very professional audio software
- The best tools to help you to publish and promote your podcast in ways that will help grow your audience
- Top strategies for organically growing your listening audience
Limited to 10 people, this workshop is designed to be hands-on and interactive.
In addition to sharing with you our experience and knowledge from starting and growing a podcast, we’re going to prioritize workshopping your ideas, letting you practice using the equipment, and making sure you feel comfortable editing a short audio clip. We recommend that you bring a pen, paper, and laptop but you’ll also go home with detailed notes and resources from the class that you can call on whenever you have questions.
*If you don’t see an event you were looking for, please visit makingitinasheville.com/subscribe to join our email list and be the first to hear as new events are announced.