In this interview, John says he likes to “make small decisions” – you know, like buying a house and figuring out how to run an Airbnb in Asheville.
John is less than one year into owning a home in Asheville and has recently gone through the process of getting his basement permitted as a rental unit – two things we’re very much hoping to do in the next few years. Within the Asheville city limits, running an Airbnb has become an increasingly complicated challenge and murky legal area. In this episode, John shared with us his insider’s knowledge of Asheville’s real estate and rental laws, plus some incredible wisdom on staying balanced through it all.
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- Why we put buying a home and running an Airbnb in Asheville on an indefinite back burner
- Practical and actionable advice if you’re considering turning your space into an Airbnb
- How to run an Airbnb
- John’s sage philosophies on work/life balance and finding contentment
- How making small decisions first can help you start a new project
We think you’ll love John’s easy-going advice as much as we did.
- Explore and book John’s gorgeous Airbnb
- Review local publications: Mountain Xpress and Citizen-Times
- Read up on the Asheville City Council minutes for the latest news on rental laws
- Check out John’s Airbnb consultant and friend, the Air Butler
- Music by Commonwealth Choir
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
We appreciate your support!
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast