In this episode, we interview Ashton Zager of Ashton Zager Fiber Arts. The local Ashevillian shares her story of success, curiosity, and persistence.
Here’s What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Believing in “The AND” and what this means to Tony and Ashton
- The importance of persistence in Ashton’s life and of “showing up” during highs and lows
- How tragedy impacted her business and her overall tone on social media
- Scaling up with an online presence with passive income
- The importance of being seen as a human
Enjoyed this interview? We think you might also dig this episode with Anneleisse Gormely of Spoon + Hook.
About Ashton Zager
Ashton Zager is a self-taught fiber artist based out of her home studio in Asheville, NC. Along with making her own original art, she and her husband Casey produce and distribute weaving kits all over the world to help introduce others to a love of weaving.
To learn more about AZ Fiber Arts and purchase your own fiber art kits (these color and fiber combos are gorgeous btw), ebook and more, check out the links below:
- Claire of Moonlight Makers – Ashton met Claire at an event and Claire offered such kindness to her during an extremely trying time
- Hole Donuts – shoutout to Laurie
- The Chocolate Lounge – One of her favorite spots to eat and check out previous guest and owner of the lounge
- Craggy Gardens – One of Ashton’s favorite lookout spots (this place is epic if you haven’t been in person)
- The Nest Boutique – Ashton did a show there in 2018 and started doing weaving workshops there for over a year
- The Gathering Asheville- their family’s church that they love and have a great community with
Music by Commonwealth Choir