In this episode, we interview Carlos Palma and Liz Goyer, the two customer service experts and the team running Textura Rugs.
Here’s What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- What makes Textura rugs different
- Why you should choose the rug first when decorating a home or room
- Steps they took to open the business
- How to distinguish certain rugs from others
- How Carlos and Liz manage different roles in the business
- Martial arts influence on their life now
Enjoyed this interview? We think you might also dig this episode with local co-owner of East Fork Pottery, Connie Matisse.
This episode is brought to you by Range Urgent Care an Asheville-based clinic that offers affordable healthcare, transparent pricing, and streamlined, friendly service. Learn more about Range Urgent Care.
*Enjoy your first month free of annual membership at Range Urgent Care. Use code ‘makingitinasheville’ at checkout. Offer valid for a limited time only.
This episode is brought to you by The Van Winkle Law Firm a full-service law firm serving North Carolina since 1907. Making It In Asheville listeners enjoy their first business law consultation for free. Mention ‘Making It In Asheville’ to receive the offer.
About Carlos Palma and Elizabeth Goyer
Carlos Palma is the owner of Textura. He has 20 years of experience in the rug industry and has lived in the Asheville area for even longer. He is the go-to rug person for many interior designers both locally and out-of-state. When he isn’t working at Textura, Carlos enjoys running, hiking, and traveling during his free time. As a business owner, he stays heavily involved in all parts of the company and his core values are integrity and courtesy.
Liz Goyer is Textura’s store and web manager. She is a UNC Asheville alum and has a diverse professional background that includes both customer service and fitness instruction (the perfect combo for rug slinging!). Her other interests include vegan cooking and world history. Liz has been working in rugs for almost 3 years and enjoys the fun and dynamic client-oriented environment at Textura.
- Sun Soo – An Asheville Tae Kwon Do and Martial Arts Studio where Liz was an instructor and met Carlos
- Paul Simon – Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes (Official Video)
- Shine Brighter Together – Podcast of Monique Melton
- Street Food: Latin America – Television series