In this episode, we interview Elijah Cox & Patricia Waters, a dynamic mother-son duo, and owners of Chill Cereal Bar Asheville, NC.
Here’s What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How they came up with the idea for Chill Cereal Bar
- The one marketing tool that Patricia has relied on to help grow their business
- How Elijah designed their first logo
- Patricia shares some insight into why she’s constantly learning and taking courses
- The importance of always trying to reach new communities and groups
- Their favorite cereal….dun dun dun…the suspense!
Enjoyed this interview? We think you might also dig this episode with local business owner of My Daddy Taught Me That, Keynon Lake.
This episode is brought to you by Range Urgent Care an Asheville-based clinic that offers affordable healthcare, transparent pricing, and streamlined, friendly service. Learn more about Range Urgent Care.
*Enjoy your first month free of annual membership at Range Urgent Care. Use code ‘makingitinasheville’ at checkout. Offer valid for a limited time only.
About Elijah Cox & Patricia Waters of Chill Cereal Bar:
The Chill Cereal Bar and Café is an event for people of all ages. The business was created by Patricia’s son, Elijah, who was 13 years old at the time. She decided to take his vision and turn it into a reality.
When experiencing the cereal bar, you will laugh, have fun, and enjoy all varieties of milk, and toppings. The business is focused on bringing families and others together to spend quality time with each other while eating something everyone loves; cereal!
As they say, “We are unique in what we do and want to bring the community back together, one cereal bowl at a time.”
- Mountain BizWorks, is a non-profit that helps local small businesses start, grow, and create jobs through loans, classes, and coaching.
- Asheville Chamber of Commerce connects Ashevillians to valuable resources such as economic development and research, business education, marketing opportunities and advocacy.
- Grind– Patricia & Elijah are hosting events at the new coffee bar in Asheville that combines the best of coffee, business and comfort to create the ultimate community gathering place.
- Explore Asheville when you’re looking for things to do, events, hotels, trip ideas and outdoor activities in Asheville North Carolina.
- Reid Center in Asheville is where you can find Elijah playing basketball.
- Keynon Lake of My Daddy Taught Me That was Chill Cereal Bar’s first customer.
- Leslie Council, founder of My Sistah Taught Me That. (MSTMT) is a young girl’s developmental program designed to encourage, inspire, educate, and empower young girls ages 11-19 with a special focus on girls growing up in single parent homes without their father.
- Aisha Adam’s Accelerator Program provides support for entrepreneurs to test the feasibility of their ideas, complete comprehensive business plans, clarify assets, develop resources, and build relationships as they progress forward.
- Gary Vanderchuck – Tony references him regarding the idea that: it doesn’t matter how big your audience is, if you say the right thing and the right person hears, you can be on fast track to success before you know it!
- Dr. Joseph Fox is Patricia’s mentor.
- Melissa Gray with Cakes by Gray makes fabulous custom cakes in Asheville, NC.