“I did find my life’s calling very early on in life which is coaching. I love training. I love staying physically fit. But I really don’t care about it as much as I care about my athletes.” – Zach Greenwald
In this episode, we interview Zach Greenwald, co-founder of Strength Ratio, a strength-training and Olympic weight lifting gym located in Asheville, NC.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- The Strength Ratio approach and philosophy
- How Zach started Strength Ratio (note: it’s not your average gym start-up path)
- The inverted gym growth model he followed and how it led to their success
- How pain and emotions are an important part of an athlete’s training
- The single best marketing tactic that has worked for Strength Ratio
- Why taking the time to care, talk to, and listen to your customers is crucial
- Strength Ratio’s unique follow-up and onboarding sequence
- Zach’s daily routine
- Zach’s favorite things to do in Asheville
Strength Ratio is a team of coaches who specialize in improving health and performance through sustainable training. They coach strength sport competitors, endurance athletes, youth athletes, those who want to recover from injury, those who are new to training, and everyone in between.
They offer remote coaching to athletes all over the world and in-person coaching at their Asheville, NC gym headquarters.
Zach’s Favorite Places to Go in Asheville
- Sauna House
- Corner Kitchen
- Little Bee Thai – “If you don’t like Little Bee Thai then you simply don’t like authentic Thai food.”
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
We appreciate your support!
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast