Gillie, a Brevard native, opened shop less than a year ago after finally realizing her dream of combining her love of art and fashion with her degree in sustainability.
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- the defining moment when Gillie decided to open a retail front
- the steps she took to raise capital funds, source products, and find the right name for her business
- how Gillie thinks about marketing and community engagement
- advice and tips for practicing sustainability in your own life
We hope you enjoy Gillie’s go-getter attitude and inspiring story.
Check out Gillie’s shop, Ware.
Gillie hosts community events frequently in her shop and is always getting in new eco-friendly products. To stay up-to-date with the latest happenings, follow Ware on Instagram.
Gillie’s Asheville Favorites:
- For their Veggie Burgers: Bhramari Brewing
- Favorite Coffee: High Five Coffee
- Favorite activities to bring visiting friends to: Asheville Tourists Baseball Game and exploring the waterfalls and white squirrels of Brevard
- Who she thinks we should interview next: Coco Villa of Somos by Coco Nuco
Music by Commonwealth Choir.
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
We appreciate your support!
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast