In this episode, we share a single sound bite from each Season 3 podcast episode, as well as a brief commentary on each episode and why we think it’s meaningful.
At the end of every podcast season, we like to go back and recap all the episodes. We find that doing this can help you decide which episodes you want to listen to next. Think of it as a “sampler” episode!
We hit a lot of important milestones in Season 3:
- We started dabbling with creating more video content. In fact, you can check out all Season 3 episodes on our YouTube channel.
- We interviewed 11 local Ashevillians, all in very unique industries.
- We also began hosting events! Check out our events page to learn more.
- We reached over 12,000 podcast downloads. Whew! Thanks, y’all!
Here’s How This Episode Works:
- You’ll listen to a single meaningful sound bite (about 1-2 minutes) from each episode.
- You’ll also hear us give about 2 minutes of commentary on each episode where we share our favorite parts about the episode.
- You’ll learn about what’s to come in Season 4!
Enjoyed this episode? Check out other episodes from Season 3.
- Episode 036: How to Set Goals that M.A.T.A. in 2020 – We discuss the ultimate system for creating more meaningful New YEar’s Resolutions and how to actually stick to them.
- Episode 037: Hunter Berry of Taco Billy on Finding Purpose in Breakfast Tacos – The founder of West Asheville’s beloved taco joint shares his story and what he believes is the secret to happiness.
- Episode 038: Garnet Fisher on Creating Art from a Place of Enough – A local Asheville artist shares what she thinks is necessary to have in order to contribute more meaningfully to the art world and the local community.
- Episode 039: Myles Alexander of Form & Function Architecture on Doing “Okay-ish” in Asheville – With a light-hearted profoundness, a local architect gets honest with us about his business and its profitability over the years.
- Episode 040: Lisa and Dean Peteet of Atlas Branding on Building a Sustainable Brand and Working with Your Spouse – The founders of Asheville’s renowned design agency talk about the challenges of working with your loved one and building a resilient business.
- Episode 041: Kaye Bentley of Asheville Rooftop Bar Tours on Career Change, Following Through, and Asheville History – The owner of a local tour business shares her story of establishing her second career and persistently following through on ideas.
- Episode 042: Gareth Higgins on Telling More Meaningful Stories and Building a Better Community – A local storyteller, speaker, and writer shares profound insight on telling better stories about ourselves, combatting loneliness, and building a better local community.
- Episode 043: Kyle Brown of Clawhammer Supply on Following Your Curiosity and Leveraging Content Marketing to Grow Your Business – The founder of one of the largest homebrewing equipment companies in the world shares tactics and strategies for validating product ideas and executing content marketing.
- Episode 044: Change Agent Philip Cooper of UpSkill WNC on Building Bridges and Filling in the Gaps in the Community – The coordinator of a local non-profit that helps the formerly incarcerated re-establish themselves in the community shares his approach to bridging community gaps and finding opportunities for those who need it most.
- Episode 045: Nicole McConville on Visual Storytelling, Connection, and Stretching Yourself to Be Fearless – A local photographer tells her story of starting a second career as a photographer and shares ways businesses can leverage visual storytelling to connect on a deeper level with their audience.
- Episode 046: Clint Spiegel of Industry Nine (i9) on Innovation and Keeping Your Edge – The founder of a well-known custom cycling components manufacturing business talks entrepreneurship, innovation, and why he’s always thinking about his next move.
- Episode 047: Tyler J. McCall on Business Strategies to Help Deal with COVID-19 / Coronavirus – With a pandemic upon us, we pivot our normal podcast interviews to talk with a local digital business expert on the things business can and should be doing right now in order to stay connected to and fro their online community.
- Episode 048: Stay Positive During COVID-19 with these Three (Strange) Philosophies – In our final episode of the season, the two of us share what we think are the three most valuable teachings that have helped shape our mindset in a more positive way during the coronavirus outbreak.
Music by Commonwealth Choir
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
We appreciate your support!
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast