In this episode, we sit down with online marketing expert, Tyler J. McCall to discuss new ways you and your business can utilize digital marketing strategies throughout the COVID-19 quarantine.
On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization characterized COVID-19, the novel coronavirus, as a pandemic.
Needless to say, this announcement sent a shockwave around the world, leaving many of us wondering what’s going to happen next, especially when it comes to our business.
Here at Making It in Asheville, both Tony and I (this is Sarah by the way) began deeply pondering how this might affect our own business and local Ashvelile community. We started asking ourselves things like, “What tools can we use during this time? What new skills can we learn? How can we continue talking with local businesses, customers, and friends?”
Then we noticed that Tyler was offering a community for online business owners to come together and ask questions related to coronavirus and how it impacts there business. And we knew we had to know more.
Whether you’re a purely online company or a brick and mortar store that relies on foot traffic, you’re likely thinking about what’s going to happen to your business over the next coming weeks and months. We hope that this episode gives you some new and productive ideas to reconnect with your online audience.
Here’s What You’ll Learn in the Episode
- The number one thing Tyler says NOT to do during this time period
- The five main social media platforms Tyler recommends to most businesses and ideas for the type of content you can be sharing right now
- A game-changing switch you can make on Instagram to increase engagement and gain more followers
- Ideas on how your business can go digital, even if it has traditionally been brick and mortar
- How you can use Facebook groups to reconnect with your audience
- Why finding your niche is important (especially in a time like this)
Enjoyed this interview? Check out other episodes from Season 3.
P.S. We recently put together a list of resources for small businesses in Asheville to help during these uncertain times. Read Coronavirus: Resources for Small Businesses in Asheville (and Beyond).
Tyler J. McCall helps online business grow their business using Instagram. Learn more at www.tylerjmccall.com
Tools & Resources
- Prepared: Your Online Business and Coronavirus Facebook group
- Zoom – A great resource for video and web conferencing
- Google Hangouts Meet – Google’s video / web conferencing platform
- Mailer Lite
- Free Instagram resources from Tyler
- White Duck Taco
- Smoky Park Supper Clube
- Pescados Burritos
- West Asheville Yoga
- Asheville Strong: Support local businesses!
Music by Commonwealth Choir
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
We appreciate your support!
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast