“Somebody told me something that was very, very important. It’s that: luck is not luck —it’s preparation… Opportunities will come all day long, but if you’re not prepared, you’re not prepared… And ‘luck’ is when preparation and opportunity meet.”-Honey
In this episode of Making It in Asheville, we interview Honey. She is the founder and owner of Different Wrld, an apparel, accessory, and lifestyle brand based in Asheville, NC. We sit down with Honey to discuss the imminent rebrand/relaunch of Different Wrld and her upcoming crowdfunding campaign.
Honey’s personality and energy are so infectious that she’s built a global audience of friends, fans, and supporters. We have a feeling after you hear her story, you’ll be a supporter too.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Honey’s story of how and why she started Different Wrld
- Crowdfunding best practices (and how to compare platforms)
- The importance of email marketing (and keywords to avoid when sending them)
- How Honey has built a brand community through hosting pop-up events
- Community in Asheville and Honey’s thoughts on the difference between diversity and inclusion
- Honey’s favorite things to do in Asheville
- Honey’s definition of “Making It” (in the Bonus Audio)
Different Wrld is a lifestyle brand focused on curating collections of apparel and accessories. The encourage inclusive community spaces, creator collaboration, and personal empowerment. Their products are ethically made and sourced with thought and intention. Connect with them on Instagram.
I Fund Women is a crowdfunding platform that supports female entrepreneurs.
IndieGoGo is another crowdfunding platform ideal for small entrepreneurs, artists, and creatives.
Honey’s Favorite Things to Do / Places to Go in Asheville:
- Ware – A sustainable lifestyle retail store (P.S. we interviewed the founder of Ware in episode 004)
- Mr. Sushi
- Black Mountain College Museum
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
We appreciate your support!
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast