Advice for Saying “I Do” in One of North Carolina’s Most Popular Wedding Cities
In this episode, we unpack what it was like to plan a wedding in Asheville.
A few weeks before recording this episode, we got married! And yes, we did it in Asheville. Getting ready for the big day has been a big part of our “making it in Asheville” experience. So, we wanted to take some time to share with you some thoughts, insights, and advice for saying “I do” in one of North Carolina’s most popular wedding cities.
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- How we went about choosing a wedding city and why we chose Asheville
- Find out what was the very first wedding decision we made after we got engaged and how it shaped the entire planning process
- Some of the wedding planning tools we used, plus which ones were the most helpful and why
- The advice we’d give ourselves looking back
Wedding Planning Resources
- The Knot – Great free resource for setting up a website, searching for vendors, getting an overview of what’s needed to plan a wedding, and setting up a registry
- The Asheville Wedding Guide – Local magazine and website featuring hundreds of vendors and ideas for weddings in Asheville
Our Wedding Vendors
- Wedding Planner: Nikki Sciurba, Carolina Love Events (Check out our interview with Nikki in Episode 007!)
- Venue: The Venue
- Florist: Flora
- Band: The Emerald Empire Band
- Photographer: John Branch Photography
- Cake: Cakes by Gray (Check out our interview with the owner, Melissa Gray, in Episode 011.)
- Invitation Design: Elizabeth Northcutt
- Invitation Print: Alee & Press
- Bridal Party Hair & Make-Up: Powder Me Pretty
- Groomsmen Shave & Trim: Holiday Grooms
- Officiant: Jessica Hartung
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
Show us some love, will ya?
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast