Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- Why Zach decided to move to Asheville and how he became the General Manager of Metro Wines
- Zach’s tell us about his previous experience of managing and eventually owning, a wine store in Cincinnati, Ohio
- His approach to helping people buy the right wines, including the types of questions he asks customers; customer service in a wine shop
- Zach’s favorite things to do in Asheville
Metro Wines is a small wine boutique located in Asheville’s Charlotte street neighborhood. They carry wines from all around the world, offer wine box subscriptions, and educational events. Learn more on the Metro Wines Website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
Wine Books and Resources Zach recommends:
Wine Folly by Madeline Puckette
The World Atlas of Wine by Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson
The Wine Bible by Karen MacNeil
Secrets of the Sommeliers by Rajat Parr and Jordon Mackay
Windows of the World by Kevin Zraly
Gary Vaynerchuk YouTube videos on Wine
Zach’s Favorite Things to Do in Asheville
- Biltmore for family picnics and activities
- Bull & Beggar
- Golden Fleece
- The Whistlehop (Fairview)
- Straightaway Cafe (Black Mountain)
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
Show us some love, will ya?
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast