In this episode, we go behind the scenes with Nikki to talk about how she has grown her wedding planning business from a company of one to six.
Nikki Sciurba is not your average wedding planner. She is somehow magically laid back and calm all the while paying meticulous attention to the details.
As some of you may know, we’re getting married this September in Asheville. Planning a wedding takes way more time and attention than we could have imagined and we couldn’t have planned ours without the help of Nikki Sciurba, founder and owner of one of Asheville’s top wedding planning businesses, Carolina Love Events.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- The steps Nikki took to start her wedding planning business in Asheville (and what she ended up changing)
- How she manages conflicts and problems that arise on wedding days
- Advice on how to write vows and speeches
- Which wedding apps can help couples through the process (and which don’t)
- Some of the ways she helps her couples make their wedding days unique representations of their relationships
- Nikki’s insider picks on the best things to do, places to see, and food to eat in Asheville
Nikki’s Favorite Business Resources:
Google Suite for all her wedding planning and documentation
Apple Watch so that she can manage incoming messages from the DJ and the venues without breaking stride
Gusto for all payroll services
QuickBooks for accounting, invoices, and finance management
Music by Commonwealth Choir
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
We appreciate your support!
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast