It costs $0 to test this in your own business.
In this episode, we dive deeper into a topic we’ve been talking a lot about recently: The Trusted Advisor Theory.
It’s a theme that has come up a lot throughout the Season 1 podcast interviews with local Asheville makers. We figured it was about time to explicitly talk about it on the podcast!
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Why our number one post on Instagram is a photo of a 5″ by 2″ piece of paper
- What the “Trusted Advisor Theory” is and why we believe it’s crucial to a business’s long-term success
- Why today’s sales should not be your end goal
- How you can practice being a trusted advisor without paying a cent
- The seven ways you can build trust with your customers or potential customers (we call them “The Seven Truths of Trust Building” and how each one is available for you to test today
We hope you enjoy this episode!
This podcast is an audio complement of a blog post we shared a few weeks ago. You can read the full post here: The Trusted Advisor Theory.
During the episode, we referenced Episode 004 with Gillie Roberts, owner of Ware, when talking about why sales aren’t always the end goal.
We also talk about Michelle Baker, a friend of ours who has built a deeply loyal following on Instagram because she consistently shares what she loves.
Music by Commonwealth Choir
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
Show us some love, will ya?
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast