“You’d be amazed at what you can learn when you just ask the butcher.”– PJ Jackson
In this episode, we interview PJ Jackson, co-owner of The Chop Shop Butchery in Asheville, North Carolina.
In the years
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- PJ’s story of a massive career change (from medical sales to farming then butchery)
- What PJ attributes to the relatively rapid success of their business (he and his partner’s purchased it just under two years ago)
- How to tell if a butcher shop (or butcher counter) is legit
- Ways to get the best cut for your taste and preferences
- How to make sense of some of the more confusing food industry language — especially when it refers to seemingly healthy food
- PJ’s secret to a great smoked pork shoulder
Music by Commonwealth Choir
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
We appreciate your support!
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast